Project Coordinator, India
Nexleaf Analytics (US-based NGO) is a nonprofit technology company with a unique bottom-up approach for bringing data-driven impact to public health and climate change interventions in low- and middle-income countries. Our diverse team of computer scientists, software engineers, mechanical engineers, data scientists, public health experts, environmental advocates, and field managers design and deploy technology to ensure sustainable impact. We work directly with end users and iterate on our technology in the field to ensure that our sensors are customized to meet the specific needs in each country.
Partnering with leading institutions such as Gavi, Google.org, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and Qualcomm Wireless Reach, Nexleaf helps deliver safe vaccines to over 12.5 million babies annually and connect 900 rural homes with mobile money payments for reducing carbon emissions through cleaner cooking. We work in a diverse set of countries, including India, Mozambique, Nigeria, and Kenya.
About the Position
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Project Coordinator to oversee a large-scale initiative in India in the health sector & Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) equipment management. This is a 12-month independent contractor role reporting to the NICU Program Manager. To learn more about the NICU Program, please find the latest information on our website. The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for data driven solutions and is excited about launching an innovative project that will impact health outcomes of vulnerable newborns.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating implementation and management of a project in the health system sector in Nagpur, India
- Regular field travel to provide local support for deployment and ensure quality of implementation
- Tracking and delivering project priorities and metrics, and reporting to Program Manager
- Regular management of and coordination with staff and overseeing their deliverables
- Onboarding and training the team in India
- Support local qualitative and quantitative data collection interventions and provide technical support with challenges
- Liaise and collaborate with partners to hold interviews and focus groups to understand challenges around utilization and maintenance of NICU equipment
- Work with partners to develop SOPs
- Generating and sharing learning reports with the Program Manager
- Forming and maintaining relationships with partners, contractors and subcontractors
- Attending conferences and workshops as needed in India and around the world
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- 3-4 years of project management experience
- Experience with field-work in India
- MS Office (especially Word and Excel)
- Fluency in English and Marathi (speaking and writing)
- Instructional materials production (i.e. generating training manuals)
- Public speaking skills for attending conferences and workshops
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend hours to communicate with team members and stakeholders in global time zones
- Master’s degree in relevant field
- Impact-driven program roll-out and operations, preferably with a government entity
- Experience working in rural or low resource settings
- Experience with research project management and implementation
- Experience with both quantitative and qualitative research such as conducting interviews and focus groups
- Familiarity working in clinical settings and/or clinical experience
- Leading training sessions and workshops
A successful candidate will bring proven experience and the ability to anticipate problems and identify solutions. This position requires the skill and temperament to address any potential conflicts with contracting or partner organizations with level-headedness, as well as a commitment to fairness, honesty, and respect in professional relationships.
The executive team is based in California, USA (Pacific Standard Time), so the candidate should be comfortable with various modes of communication (e.g. Skype, Gmail, Whatsapp) as well as the time difference when getting on calls/meetings.
Nexleaf Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state or local law.