Global Health Program Manager
The Program Manager of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Program will be responsible for managing overall project milestones, deliverables, and partnerships for Nexleaf’s new NICU Program to enhance newborn care, which will bring Nexleaf’s ground-up data-driven approach to a new sector. To learn more about the NICU Program, please find the latest information on our website. Program Manager will oversee all of the project’s milestones and deliverables and ensure that Nexleaf team is working well with partners in global health to achieve our common goals. This person will bring the Nexleaf staff in the technical, program and communication roles to ensure reports and learnings are generated and shared with partners and other stakeholders including the funder, when needed and/or on an ongoing basis.
Reports to: CEO of Nexleaf
Essential functions include:
1. Project Management
● Manage NICU project deliverables, including all deployment and pilot projects.
● Recruit, train, and supervise staff and independent contractors located globally to fulfill program objectives and ensure capacity building within the team in LA and abroad.
● Develop all program materials including training guides and standard operating procedures (SOPs) based on program learnings and data analysis.
● Provide support to the Program Director and the Technical team to pilot new technologies and analytics platforms in the field.
2. Program Evaluation & Assessment
● Design and implement program evaluation and assessment tools including key performance indicators (KPIs) and impact metrics.
● Work with Program Director to design and implement program evaluation and assessment tools including key performance indicators (KPIs) and impact metrics.
3. Data Advocacy & Sector-Wide Engagement
● Maintain partnerships with funders, implementation partners, national Ministries of Health, and other partnering institutions and individuals.
● Generate program related communications, including data-driven reports and white papers.
● Represent Nexleaf at key conferences/events.
4. Budget & Reporting
● Manage project level budgets, expenditure tracking, and allocations to monitor grant spending with support from finance team and Program Director.
● Work with Program Director to report progress to funders, generating report materials with support from communications team.
● Work with communications and fundraising teams to craft grant proposals and supporting material.
● Work with leadership team on program strategy and growth.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in related field such as public health is preferred (experience can be substituted in special circumstances)
- 5-7 years of project management experience, able to give concrete examples of success and failure stories and how to overcome it. Show experience for managing projects independently and with a group, and comfortable with tech-related projects.
- Excellent communication, public speaking, organizational, and relationship building skills with an ability to collaborate with diverse internal & external stakeholders and teams
- Strong writing skills required; previous grant or report writing experience preferred
- Comfortable with travel domestically and internationally
- Field experience working closely with Low and Middle Income Countries (LMICs), and demonstrated ability to show impact and manage projects in different settings.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekend hours to communicate with team members and stakeholders in global time zones
- Demonstrated experience managing a growing and distributed team, with emphasis on management in terms of capacity building/enabling
Nexleaf’s Employee Value Proposition:
1. Be a Maker
- You’re willing to take risks, roll up your sleeves, and iterate to see your ideas come to life.
- You can work directly with founders to design and execute new ideas.
- You take initiative, and have worked collaboratively and respectfully with internal and external partners to move mountains.
2. Innovate for Impact
- You are motivated by social impact and making a difference in the world.
- You want to be on the cutting edge of technology for development, revolutionizing sectors to help the poorest people in the world.
- You can come up with creative new solutions to old problems.
3. Build Capacity
- You are always striving to build your own, your team’s, and your client’s capacity through learning and teaching.
- You’re not afraid to ask questions, and you’re never too busy to answer someone else’s.
- You seek a diverse work environment where you are treated with respect and challenged to grow both professionally and as a person.
4. Do More with Data
- You believe in the power of data and want to empower others to make decisions with their data.
- You operate with integrity, base your arguments in facts and figures, and keep an open door & open data policy.
- You can solve problems from the bottom-up just as well as from the top-down.