Technical Project Manager
The Technical Project Manager will be the driving force behind scheduling, managing and overseeing our technical team’s development resources and skills to meet our clients’ and grantors’ expectations. You will be a key part of the development team that designs and develops the core code of our cloud-based web service that collects and analyzes data from our IOT/M2M systems. This position entails understanding the architecture of our existing system, ensuring we are making forward progress, and being motivated to see that everyone on the team is succeeding. The major responsibilities of the position include:
- Creating specifications and plans for the development and managing timelines, releases, and milestones.
- Managing the breakdown and assignment of tasks and coordinate the accomplishment of various tasks and assignments among team members.
- Assisting in the development of the platform architecture and APIs through communication with external partners.
- Helping team members troubleshoot technical and operational problems and oversee progress.
- Setting priorities for implementation that balance customer and grantor needs, engineering costs, and timelines.
- Fully engaging and helping enhance and manage the development processes including: releases, regular code reviews, mentoring junior engineers, releases, etc.
We have a small, dedicated team at Nexleaf and we all work together to define priorities and plan implementations. Any new addition to the team will play a critical role in helping achieve scale and impact.
- College degree
- Project management: 2+ years on larger full stack projects
- Software development/engineering: 4+ years on larger projects
- Experience managing development and deployment processes
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations.
Nexleaf’s Employee Value Proposition:
1. Be a Maker
- You’re willing to take risks, roll up your sleeves, and iterate to see your ideas come to life.
- You can work directly with founders to design and execute new ideas.
- You take initiative, and have worked collaboratively and respectfully with internal and external partners to move mountains.
2. Innovate for Impact
- You are motivated by social impact and making a difference in the world.
- You want to be on the cutting edge of technology for development, revolutionizing sectors to help the poorest people in the world.
- You can come up with creative new solutions to old problems.
3. Build Capacity
- You are always striving to build your own, your team’s, and your client’s capacity through learning and teaching.
- You’re not afraid to ask questions, and you’re never too busy to answer someone else’s.
- You seek a diverse work environment where you are treated with respect and challenged to grow both professionally and as a person.
4. Do More with Data
- You believe in the power of data and want to empower others to make decisions with their data.
- You operate with integrity, base your arguments in facts and figures, and keep an open door & open data policy.
- You can solve problems from the bottom-up just as well as from the top-down.