Project Manager, Clean Cooking
Nexleaf Analytics is a nonprofit technology company with a unique bottom-up approach for bringing data-driven impact to public health and climate change interventions in low- and middle-income countries. Our diverse team of computer scientists, software engineers, mechanical engineers, data scientists, public health experts, environmental advocates, and field managers design and deploy technology to ensure sustainable impact. We work directly with end users and iterate on our technology in the field to ensure that our sensors are customized to meet the specific needs in each country.
Partnering with leading institutions such as Gavi, Google.org, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and Qualcomm Wireless Reach, Nexleaf helps deliver safe vaccines to over 12.5 million babies annually and connect 900 rural homes with mobile money payments for reducing carbon emissions through cleaner cooking. We work in a diverse set of countries, including India, Mozambique, Nigeria, and Kenya.
Are you ready to tackle one of the biggest unresolved human health challenges of all time? Partnering with the Program Director, you will lead a global team to find the next-generation of clean household energy solutions that will change the world. Starting with our vision of reaching 10,000 households, you will manage clean cooking projects using Nexleaf’s data analytics platform and women-centered approach to evaluate and identify cooking solutions that women love and have potential to improve human health and preserve our planet.
In this role, you will:
1. Lead A Global Team
● Cultivate a collaborative and high performing team and build repeatable practices that will enable us to scale our clean cooking initiatives across the world.
● Work with the Program Director to design and implement program evaluations to ensure we are constantly learning and improving on our approach.
2. Achieve Clean Cooking Milestones
● Partner with team members and manage deliverables across the organization to support new and existing projects in India, Nigeria, Bangladesh and future countries.
● Facilitate communication channels between country teams and data & engineering teams to scale our technology and analytics platforms.
● Own project level budgets including expenditure tracking and allocations to monitor grant spending in collaboration with the finance team and Program Director.
3. Be an Advocate for Global Data
● Gain a deep understanding of how the data analyses and products we generate resonate with governments and funders, and relay that information to the data team to inform our data visualizations, reports and dashboards.
● Support the data science team and Program Director to generate data-driven reports and white papers that will motivate stakeholders to improve their impact and decision-making.
● College degree required
● Demonstrated experience leading a growing and distributed team, managing up and influencing others without authority
● Excellent communication, organizational, and relationship building skills with an ability to collaborate with internal & external stakeholders
● Strong writing skills and experience reading academic papers required
● Experience with project management software (eg. Jira)
● Must be able to field regular evening and occasional weekend phone calls (to support global time zones)
● Problem solve and overcome obstacles
● Must travel to field sites in Asia and Africa and be adaptable with unanticipated changes.
● Overcoming issues when managing projects in low-income countries
● Experience with remote management
● Experience in finance, business and entrepreneurial development preferred
At Nexleaf, you will:
Be a Maker
○ You're willing to take risks, roll up your sleeves, and iterate on solutions to see your ideas come to life.
○ You’ll work directly with founders to design and execute new ideas.
○ You take initiative, and can work collaboratively and respectfully with internal and external partners to move mountains.
Innovate for Impact
○ You are motivated by social impact and making a difference in the world.
○ You’ll be on the cutting edge of technology for development, revolutionizing sectors to help some of the poorest people in the world.
○ You can come up with creative new solutions to old problems.
○ You are always striving to build your own, your team's, and your client's capacity through learning and teaching.
○ You're not afraid to ask questions, and you're never too busy to answer someone else's.
○ You seek a diverse work environment where you are treated with respect and challenged to grow both professionally and as a person.
Do More with Data
○ You believe in the power of data and want to empower others to make better decisions with their data.
○ You operate with integrity and base your arguments in facts and figures.
○ You can solve problems from the bottom-up just as well as from the top-down.