Nexleaf Analytics India Private Limited is a fast-growing company that provides research, logistics and testing services for environmental and public health interventions within India and around the world, and is currently looking for a full-time Logistics Manager.
The Logistics Manager will be vital to ensuring expedited freight to and from the company’s warehouse locations and will strive to exceed our customers’ expectations. The manager must take complete ownership of the successful delivery of our shipments, coordinate and maintain lines of communication with Customs House Agents, carriers, and other shipping services, and create an effective warehousing operation for our transactions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Oversight of all inventory in the warehouse.
- Maintaining receiving and distribution operations and supervising all inbound and outbound shipments and related activities, including movement of pallets, stacking of boxes, and processing all orders and warehouse transfer transactions.
- Making optimized, cost-efficient choices with respect to shipping routes, service providers, customs documentation, warehousing processes, and other logistics decisions to meet the demands of our customers, partners and internal company needs and goals.
- Tracking all overseas bookings with Customs House Agents, freight forwarders and carriers on any inbound or outbound customs-related issues.
- Approve carrier selection based on timing requirements, cost and impact on customer orders.
- Assisting with the completion and validation of import and export shipping documents, freight and Customs House Agent’s bills, customs entries, and other documentation.
- Interfacing with customs agencies, port agents, the Director General of Foreign Trade, and related government bodies as needed.
- Printing reports and updating status of all shipments in computer system.
- Working with third-party warehouses, sending shipment advice, reviewing receiving reports and reporting on respective shortages/overages.
- Monitor space utilization/layout to ensure efficient and cost-effective operations.
- Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
- Assisting with testing and evaluation of returned goods.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in international logistics.
- Minimum 2+years of work experience with customs and regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity with import documentation and import/export logistics processes as well as knowledge of Indian and Overseas Customs requirements related to import-export processes.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel for accurate reporting, data manipulation, and inventory analysis.
- Must be analytical, detailed, and organized with excellent follow up skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
- Ability to operate and maintain poise and a positive attitude in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Self-motivated individual able to prioritize and multi-task effectively when working independently or in a team.
Nexleaf’s Value Proposition
1. Be a Maker
a. You’re willing to take risks, roll up your sleeves, and iterate to see your ideas come to life.
b. You can work directly with founders to design and execute new ideas.
c. You take initiative, and have worked collaboratively and respectfully with internal and external partners to move mountains.
2. Innovate for Impact
a. You are motivated by social impact and making a difference in the world.
b. You want to be on the cutting edge of technology for development, revolutionizing sectors to help the poorest people in the world.
c. You can come up with creative new solutions to old problems.
3. Build Capacity
a. You are always striving to build your own, your team’s, and your client’s capacity through learning and teaching.
b. You’re not afraid to ask questions, and you’re never too busy to answer someone else’s.
c. You seek a diverse work environment where you are treated with respect and challenged to grow both professionally and as a person.
4. Do More with Data
a. You believe in the power of data and want to empower others to make decisions with their data.
b. You operate with integrity, base your arguments in facts and figures, and keep an open door and open data policy.
c. You can solve problems from the bottom-up just as well as from the top-down.
Nexleaf Analytics India Private Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state or local law.