Senior HR Director
We are seeking a senior, very experienced HR executive, who has previously led the HR function in one or more other organizations, to work with us 1-2 days a week to ensure that all of Nexleaf’s human resource needs are met. As the demand for our products and services expands, this senior-level team member will provide crucial support by helping us grow the size, quality, motivation and performance of our team. Specific responsibilities and projects will include:
▪ Helping Nexleaf’s leadership assess and articulate our company culture and radiate it throughout our organization in Los Angeles and other locations.
▪ Identifying, recruiting, hiring, and retaining stellar candidates, particularly technical candidates, to carry out Nexleaf’s vision and commitments. This would include managing the recruiting process and partnering with search firms as needed.
▪ Reevaluating benefits and compensation practices with a focus on competitive hiring and team member retention, including assessing current company arrangements.
▪ Training managers and establishing processes and protocols required for successful and smooth relations between team members.
▪ Maintaining the Org Chart and solidifying job descriptions for existing team members and new positions to ensure clear management structure and roles and responsibilities.
▪ Working with our Professional Employer Organization to evaluate and optimize the payroll and other HR services that they provide to us.
▪ Empowering the Administration Department to manage day-to-day employee relations and outsourced contractors effectively and in compliance with state, federal, and local laws.
▪ Spotting issues and devising solutions for HR problems that impact the core team.
Our ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated and experienced HR executive with a passion for developing and supporting high performance organizations.
Education & Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in Human Resources management, at least part of which was spent as the organization-wide leader of HR.
- Experience hiring and retaining technical talent, preferably in the Los Angeles area.
- Experience transitioning small, lean start-ups to established companies.
- Experience training first-time managers to lead effectively.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations helpful.
- BA/BS degree required, with MBA helpful.
Nexleaf’s Employee Value Proposition:
1. Be a Maker
- You’re willing to take risks, roll up your sleeves, and iterate to see your ideas come to life.
- You can work directly with founders to design and execute new ideas.
- You take initiative, and have worked collaboratively and respectfully with internal and external partners to move mountains.
2. Innovate for Impact
- You are motivated by social impact and making a difference in the world.
- You want to be on the cutting edge of technology for development, revolutionizing sectors to help the poorest people in the world.
- You can come up with creative new solutions to old problems.
3. Build Capacity
- You are always striving to build your own, your team’s, and your client’s capacity through learning and teaching.
- You’re not afraid to ask questions, and you’re never too busy to answer someone else’s.
- You seek a diverse work environment where you are treated with respect and challenged to grow both professionally and as a person.
4. Do More with Data
- You believe in the power of data and want to empower others to make decisions with their data.
- You operate with integrity, base your arguments in facts and figures, and keep an open door & open data policy.
- You can solve problems from the bottom-up just as well as from the top-down.