As a Software Engineer you will be using your development skills to build our tools to maximize impact in the non-profit sectors we serve. We are currently hiring mid-level through senior-level engineers, both full-stack and front-end specialists. You will be a key part of the development team that designs and develops the core code of our cloud-based web service that collects and analyzes data from our IOT/M2M systems. This position entails understanding the architecture of our existing system, implementing new features, revising existing features, thorough testing and production deployment, and working in coordination with the entire team to achieve the organization’s goals. The major responsibilities of the position include:
We have a small, dedicated team at Nexleaf and we all work together to define priorities and plan implementations. Any new addition to the team will play a critical role in helping achieve scale and impact.
- College degree
- Python: 2+ years on larger projects
- Relevant experience deploying features of the backend and frontend into production on Linux based systems.
- Experience with using AWS.
- Basic data processing and analysis experience.
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations.
Nexleaf’s Employee Value Proposition:
1. Be a Maker
- You’re willing to take risks, roll up your sleeves, and iterate to see your ideas come to life.
- You can work directly with founders to design and execute new ideas.
- You take initiative, and have worked collaboratively and respectfully with internal and external partners to move mountains.
2. Innovate for Impact
- You are motivated by social impact and making a difference in the world.
- You want to be on the cutting edge of technology for development, revolutionizing sectors to help the poorest people in the world.
- You can come up with creative new solutions to old problems.
3. Build Capacity
- You are always striving to build your own, your team’s, and your client’s capacity through learning and teaching.
- You’re not afraid to ask questions, and you’re never too busy to answer someone else’s.
- You seek a diverse work environment where you are treated with respect and challenged to grow both professionally and as a person.
4. Do More with Data
- You believe in the power of data and want to empower others to make decisions with their data.
- You operate with integrity, base your arguments in facts and figures, and keep an open door & open data policy.
- You can solve problems from the bottom-up just as well as from the top-down.